(Click a question to show or hide an answer.)
- Q: How does the Joyful Response program work?
A: Your offerings are transferred electronically from your bank or credit union checking or savings account. They are deposited directly into Mt. Olive’s account. As a result, your contributions cannot be lost, stolen or forgotten.
- Q: How often are my offerings are transferred from my checking/savings account?
A: You may choose to have offerings transferred weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly. You can even make one-time offerings on our website (after signing in) or by using your smart phone.
- Q: How often will my offerings be transferred?
A: That is up to you. Normally, weekly transfers will be made on Fridays; semi-monthly transfers will occur on the 1st and 15th (first and fifteenth) of each month; and monthly transfers will be made on the 1st (first) of each month. If a transfer date falls on a weekend or holiday, the funds will be withdrawn on the next business day. You may request other transfer dates from the Church Secretary or the Director of Stewardship.
- Q: Are there any fees involved with the program?
A: No. There are no fees charged to individual givers or to Mount Olive. Joyful Response is a free service provided by Lutheran Church Extension Fund.
- Q: Is it safe?
A: All on-line transactions will take place on a secure website. Security Metrics® certifies that the site is 100% compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- Q: What if I try Joyful Response and then decide to cancel?
A: You may cancel your authorization at any time using Mt. Olive’s website. You may also notify the Church Secretary or Director of Stewardship and fill out a form to discontinue automatic withdrawal of funds. Changes should be requested at least five business days before the transfer is scheduled to take place.
- Q: May I change my information, account, make a temporary stop payment or change the amount that is being withdrawn from my account?
A: Sure. You can suspend, change or stop withdrawals online using Mt. Olive’s website. You may also contact the Church Secretary or Director of Stewardship. Any changes should be requested at least five business days before the transfer is scheduled to take place.
- Q: May I give with my credit card?
A: No. Credit card companies charge transaction fees, causing you and our church unnecessary expense. Moreover, God calls on us to share from our abundance – not go into debt.
- Q: If I do not write checks, how will I keep my checkbook balance straight?
A: Since your contribution is made on a pre-established schedule each month you simply record it in your check register on the appropriate date. All contributions will be clearly listed on the monthly checking or savings account statement you receive from your financial institution.
- Q: If I don’t have a cancelled check, how can I prove I made my contribution?
A: Mount Olive will include your automatic gifts on your contribution statement, and your bank statement gives you a list of electronic transfers.
- Q: I like to place my offering in the collection plate as an act of worship. Doesn’t Joyful Response prevent me from doing this?
A: We suggest you take one of your regular offering envelopes, leave the amount blank, write “Joyful Response” in large letters on the front, and drop your offering envelope into the offering plate. Of course, you may also always give during a worship service, even if you are participating in Joyful Response.
- Q: Who do I talk to if I have more questions about Joyful Response?
A: Call the Church Office and speak to the Secretary or contact the Director of Stewardship. Either of us will be happy to answer your questions (or get back to you with an answer if we don’t know on the spot).