Here is how we came to the neighborhood. On 19 Oct 1927, a meeting was held at Florence City Hall "with a view to organizing a congregation". The first place of worship was the old Methodist Church on the northeast corner of 30th & Mormon Streets. On 01 Jan 1942, our name was changed to Mount Olive Lutheran Church. In 1946, land for our present location was purchased, and the present church building was dedicated on 14 May 1950. The two-story educational wing was dedicated on 29 Oct 1967.