- What is depression?
- Myths about depression
- Treatments and Coping with Depression
Here are some links and phone numbers to learn more about depression and how to obtain help during these times of social isolation:
- Boy’s Town for adolescence and young adults, 800-448-3000
- CHI Health, 402-717-4673;
- Lutheran Family Services, 402-342-7007;
- Methodist Health System, 402-354-4800;
- National Alliance on Mental Illness, Omaha Chapter, 402-345-8101;
- Nebraska Family Helpline, 888-866-8660;
- Nebraska Medicine Behavioral Health, 1-800-922-0000; and
- A great site for mental health education: Depression on Medline.
If you are having suicidal thoughts, immediately contact 911, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or go to the nearest emergency room.