Mount Olive Scholarship Info for 2020
The purpose of the Mount Olive Scholarship Fund (the “Fund”) is to support the Mission
of Mount Olive Lutheran Church (“Mt. Olive”) by providing financial support for eligible students who:
- otherwise cannot afford to continue their post-secondary educations,
- have demonstrated an ability to succeed in a post-secondary learning environment, and
- (1) reside in neighborhoods that surround Mt. Olive (See map.) or (2) are Communicant or Baptized Members of Mt. Olive.
For the 2020-21 academic year, the scholarship amount will be $1,000. Scholarships may be renewed for future years if eligibility is maintained.
2020 Application Deadline
Applications must be postmarked by April 15, 2020, and addressed to Mount Olive Lutheran Church, Attention: Scholarship Committee, 7301 N. 28th Ave., Omaha, NE 68112. Awards will be announced by May 15, 2020.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- are a high school senior or graduate planning to enroll (or already enrolled) in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year;
- cannot afford to continue your post-secondary education without financial assistance;
- can demonstrate your ability to succeed in a post-secondary education environment (including having and maintaining at least at 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 point scale);
- permanently reside in one of neighborhoods that surround Mt. Olive (See map in application instructions.) or are a Communicant or Baptized Member of Mt. Olive; and
- fully complete Mt. Olive’s scholarship application and provide all requested information.
You may contact either of the following Scholarship Committee members:
- Dr. Victor Padron (Phone: 402-453-1045; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Max Williams (Phone: 402-455-7382; E-mail: email@example.com)
Any information you provide will be kept strictly confidential and used only for the purposes of evaluating applicants and selecting scholarship recipient(s).